Can’t help coiling a loose rope when you see one? Do you always insist on packing away a tent the right way? If so, we need your help!
We need a positive, practical person to be our Group Quartermaster to maintain our equipment and look after our stores. You’ll join a friendly team committed to helping change the lives of young people.
This role will require a DBS check.
The Skills Profile
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to work with, and co-ordinate third party service providers
- DIY Skills preferable
- Understanding of COSHH Preferable
Scouting has a core set of training that Volunteers will need to undertake:
- Module 1 – Essential Information
- General Data Protection Regulations
Tools of the Role
Your role will require you to use the following software packages, if you have no experience of those packages, we will support you in gaining skills:
- Office365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Power Tools (Optional)
- WD40 or Duct Tape as appropriate
- Manage and maintain an accurate inventory of equipment.
- Ensure the equipment is maintained to safe standards
- Source consummables as required.
- Work with the Section Teams and Group Management to ensure equipment is available when needed
- Repair equipment where possible to do so
- Source replacements when authorised by the Group Exec
- Maintain a cheerful disposition when your beloved hoard is returned muddy
- Where necessary arrange stock takes
|Youth Members||Why you’re doing the role|
|Section Teams||your primary internal customers|
|Group Chair||Line Manager|
|Group Treasurer||Pays your expenses|
|Group Scout Leader||Group Head Honcho|
|Other Group Quartermasters||Peers and support group|
Every volunteer who applies will be considered, as there may be a requirement for ad-hoc volunteers to assist with the maintenance and improvements of the building.
Mandatory Training needs completing within 5 months of DBS being submitted.