Know your way around Compass through a variety of roles? Could you show another volunteer how to do DBS checks, or wrestle a report into submission?Then we have a challenge for you…..
We are looking for a number of experienced Compass users to help develop and deliver walk-throughs/training sessions to enable our Groups/Units to make best use the adult management tool, with a view to also becoming a subject matter expert on the Compass replacement in 2022.
You’ll be approachable, willing to learn and adapt to different methods of delivery and trainees.
This role will require a DBS Check if over 18.
The Skills Profile
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ideally previous experience in developing and delivering training, although we’ll see if we can find some training for the right offer of help.
As a member of our Spearhead Active Support Unit you will need to undertake some training yourself, this will apply to all ages.
Scouting has a core set of training that Volunteers will need to undertake:
- Module 1 – Essential Information.
- General Data Protection Regulations
Tools For The Role
Your Role will require you to use the following software packages, if you have no experience of those packages, we will support you in gaining skills
- Compass Adult Management System
- LearnDash Online Learning Management System
- Identify Compass training needs across the District
- Develop & deliver face to face training on Compass to meet identified needs
- Develop and Support online training for Compass in-house on LearnDash
|Adult Volunteers||Who you’ll be training|
|Spearhead Manager||Your Team Leader/Facilitator|
|District Training Advisers||To assist with training records keeping|
|Compass User Community||Vendor relationships|
|LearnDash Community||Learning Management System Vendor|
About Spearhead Active Support Unit
Spearhead Active Support Unit delivers and supports a number of technologies that enable Milton Keynes Scouts. Whether it’s Office365 for email and file storage, or WordPress for websites, if it involves a keyboard or a browser, it’s probably our fault.
We’re also taking on responsibility for any training that falls outside of the Scout Training Team mandate. So we’re expanding the team to deliver training on the technical tools we have available to us to support our adult volunteers and young people better.