Know your way around Word? Can you do wonders with Excel? Can you show others the dark arts of Office365 in a Scouting context? Then we have a challenge for you…..
We need a subject matter expert to help us develop and deliver a range of online and face-to-face training options for our adult volunteers whose starting capability can vary from the complete novice, to those who use it at work, but want to use it more in Scouting.
We realise that you may be doing this in your day job, and we hope you’ll lend your expertise to our 100% volunteer led District, however you may also be an enthusiastic user of Office365, who can’t wait to share your skills with others. Either way we need your help.
You’ll be knowledgeable, approachable and willing to learn and adapt to different methods of delivery and trainees.
This role will require a DBS Check
The Skills Profile
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ideally previous experience in developing and delivering training, although we’ll see if we can find some training for the right offer of help
- Extensive experience with Office365 web and desktop versions
As a member of our Spearhead Active Support Unit you will need to undertake some training yourself.
Scouting has a core set of training that Volunteers will need to undertake:
- Module 1 – Essential Information.
- General Data Protection Regulations
Tools For The Role
Your Role will require you to use the following software packages, if you have no experience of those packages, we will support you in gaining skills
- Online Scout Manager
- Compass Membership Management System
- LearnDash Online Learning Management System
- Identify Microsoft/Office365 training needs across the District
- Develop & deliver face to face training on Office365 in a Scouting context to meet identified needs
- Develop and Support online training for Office365, either in-house on LearnDash or collation of free learning from Microsoft
|Adult Volunteers||Who you’ll be training|
|Youth Members||Scope Creep Training Offering|
|Spearhead Manager||Your Team Leader/Facilitator|
|District Training Advisers||To assist with training records keeping|
|Microsoft Education Specialists (Insider Programme)||Vendor relationships|
|LearnDash Community||Learning Management System Vendor|
About Spearhead Active Support Unit
Spearhead Active Support Unit delivers and supports a number of technologies that enable Milton Keynes Scouts. Whether it’s Office365 for email and file storage, or WordPress for websites, if it involves a keyboard or a browser, it’s probably our fault.
We’re also taking on responsibility for any training that falls outside of the Scout Training Team mandate. So we’re expanding the team to deliver training on the technical tools we have available to us to support our adult volunteers and young people better.