Know your way around Online Scout Manager? Can you do wonders with Events & Payments? Can you show others the dark arts of programme and badge management? Then we have a challenge for you…..
Applications Closing Date (Current Cycle)Thursday September 30th, 2021
We need a subject matter expert to help us develop and deliver a range of online and face-to-face training options for our adult volunteers whose starting capability can vary from the complete novice, to those who use it at work, but want to use it more in Scouting.
You’ll be knowledgeable, approachable and willing to learn and adapt to different methods of delivery and trainees.
This role will require a DBS Check
The Skills Profile
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ideally previous experience in developing and delivering training, although we’ll see if we can find some training for the right offer of help
- Extensive experience with Online Scout Manager
As a member of our Spearhead Active Support Unit you will need to undertake some training yourself.
Scouting has a core set of training that Volunteers will need to undertake:
- Module 1 – Essential Information.
- General Data Protection Regulations
Tools For The Role
Your Role will require you to use the following software packages, if you have no experience of those packages, we will support you in gaining skills
- Compass Membership Management System
- LearnDash Online Learning Management System
- Identify Online Scout Manager training needs across the District
- Develop & deliver face to face training on Online Scout Manager to meet identified needs
- Develop and Support online training for Online Scout Manager in-house on LearnDash
|Adult Volunteers||Who you’ll be training|
|Youth Members||Scope Creep Training Offering|
|Spearhead Manager||Your Team Leader/Facilitator|
|District Training Advisers||To assist with training records keeping|
|Online Scout Manager||Vendor relationships|
|LearnDash Community||Learning Management System Vendor|
About Spearhead Active Support Unit
Spearhead Active Support Unit delivers and supports a number of technologies that enable Milton Keynes Scouts. Whether it’s Office365 for email and file storage, or WordPress for websites, if it involves a keyboard or a browser, it’s probably our fault.
We’re also taking on responsibility for any training that falls outside of the Scout Training Team mandate. So we’re expanding the team to deliver training on the technical tools we have available to us to support our adult volunteers and young people better.