Know your way around WordPress? Can you learn the plugins we use and help others get the benefits from them? Can you show others the dark arts of Gravity Forms & The Events Calendar? Then we have a challenge for you…..
We are looking for a number of web-inclined people to learn the WordPress plugins & SkillsForLife theme we use for MKScouts. We need you to help develop walk-throughs/training sessions to enable our Groups/Units to make best use of the technology investments.
You’ll be approachable, willing to learn and adapt to different methods of delivery and trainees.
This role will require a DBS Check if over 18. If you are a Young Leader or Explorer who would like to learn and develop in this area, register your interest alongside the over-18’s
The Skills Profile
- Strong Organisational Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ideally previous experience in developing and delivering training, although we’ll see if we can find some training for the right offer of help.
As a member of our Spearhead Active Support Unit you will need to undertake some training yourself, this will apply to all ages.
Scouting has a core set of training that Volunteers will need to undertake:
- Module 1 – Essential Information.
- General Data Protection Regulations
Tools For The Role
Your Role will require you to use the following software packages, if you have no experience of those packages, we will support you in gaining skills
- WordPress Content Management System
- A range of WordPress plugins
- LearnDash Online Learning Management System
- Identify WordPress training needs across the District
- Develop & deliver face to face training on WordPress to meet identified needs
- Develop and Support online training for WordPress in-house on LearnDash
|Adult Volunteers||Who you’ll be training|
|Spearhead Manager||Your Team Leader/Facilitator|
|Explorer Scout Leadership Team (Explorers Only)||Your Unit Leaders to ensure you get credited for your activities|
|District Training Advisers||To assist with training records keeping|
|WordPress & Plugin Communities||Vendor relationships|
|LearnDash Community||Learning Management System Vendor|
About Spearhead Active Support Unit
Spearhead Active Support Unit delivers and supports a number of technologies that enable Milton Keynes Scouts. Whether it’s Office365 for email and file storage, or WordPress for websites, if it involves a keyboard or a browser, it’s probably our fault.
We’re also taking on responsibility for any training that falls outside of the Scout Training Team mandate. So we’re expanding the team to deliver training on the technical tools we have available to us to support our adult volunteers and young people better.
The registration form below transfers data to Monday.com which we are using to manage our recruitment process. Your data is not accessible by anyone outside of MK Scouts, or federated Groups and is used for recruiting you as a volunteer