We currently need a hall maintenance volunteer to oversee all aspects of the scout hall maintenance that are currently being covered by the Scout Group Committee members.
This role would ideally suit someone based locally, who is practical and organised. It should only takes a couple of hours a week, and primarily involves coordinating the various service providers we require to keep the hall running (Cleaner / Gardener / Heating / Maintenance/DIY days etc.) A satisfying role that is crucial to the operation of the Scout Group.
This role will require a DBS check.
The Skills Profile
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to work with, and co-ordinate third party service providers
- DIY Skills preferable
- Understanding of COSHH Preferable
Scouting has a core set of training that Volunteers will need to undertake:
- Module 1 – Essential Information
- General Data Protection Regulations
Tools of the Role
Your role will require you to use the following software packages, if you have no experience of those packages, we will support you in gaining skills:
- Office365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Power Tools (Optional)
- Liaise with Third parties such Cleaners, Gardeners, heating, Plumbing etc.
- Support the Committee in organising DIY Days when parents and ad-hoc volunteers gather to tick off a number of projects in a day
- Co-ordinate with volunteers to ensure scheduled maintenance is completed.
|Youth Members||Why you’re doing the role|
|Group Chair||Line Manager|
|Group Treasurer||Pays your expenses|
|Group Scout Leader||Group Head Honcho|
Every volunteer who applies will be considered, as there may be a requirement for ad-hoc volunteers to assist with the maintenance and improvements of the building.
Mandatory Training needs completing within 5 months of DBS being submitted, and an informal interview with the District Appointments Committee, at some point when it reconvenes.